The Pathology and Clinical Laboratory of Morehouse General Hospital serves as a diagnostic branch of the hospital. We have highly skilled, dedicated professionals who work diligently to complement the medical staff and other hospital departments; ensuring the finest medical care possible to the community. Our lab is dedicated to total professionalism, competence, and efficiency.
Our laboratory staff consists of Louisiana licensed Clinical Laboratory Scientists (CLS) and Louisiana licensed phlebotomists.
Morehouse General Hospital’s lab performs over 100,000 tests each year adheres to strict quality control and quality assurance program guidelines and our lab is equipped with state-of-the-art instrumentation to provide the fastest, most accurate results. Our lab offers the following services:
- Chemistry: Specializing in hepatitis, prenatal and toxicology testing
- Immunohematology/Blood Banking: Transfusions consisting of red blood cells, platelets, fresh frozen plasma, and cryoprecipitate.
- Histology: Bone marrow and special procedures performed in-house
- Outpatient Blood Collections
- Chain of Custody Drug Screen Testing