Our wound care team uses a multi-disciplinary approach, creating individual treatment plans to meet the unique needs of each patient. Our team works with primary care physicians and other specialists to treat wounds that have not responded to traditional treatment methods. Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy (HBOT) may be prescribed for some patients with slow-healing wounds. HBOT is used to put more oxygen into the blood system to promote wound healing, delivering 10 times more oxygen to the wound that it would normally get. This results in faster healing, improved outcomes, and improved quality of life.
Hyperbaric Therapy is an effective treatment for:
- Acute Arterial Insufficiency with Occlusion
- Chronic Refractory Osteomyelitis
- Mechanical Complication of Compromised Grafts or Flap
- Soft Tissue Radionecrosis
- Diabetic Ulcer Lower Extremity
- Idiopathic Sudden Sensorineural Hearing Loss
Our wound clinic cares for patients with:
- Arterial Insufficiency
- Diabetic Ulcers
- Pressure Ulcers
- Venous Stasis Ulcers
- Trauma and Surgical Wounds
- Tissue Ischemia/Necrosis
Our clinic is open Monday – Friday from 8:00am – 4:30pm and is located on the 2nd floor of the hospital. We offer our patients transportation to wound care and hyperbaric appointments. Please contact us at (318) 283-3896.